How to Import and Export WordPress Custom Post Types
Want to Import or Export WordPress Custom Posts Types to other blog? Today in this article I am going to show you that how you can perform it?
When you want to import or export your blog then it can be easily done using your backup but question arises that how to import or export specific WordPress custom post types?
I am sure that many of the bloggers are in the seek of this question and most of them must have not got their answer yet. Therefore, I am sharing this guide for your convenience.
The bloggers may come across in the need of this article for various reasons and specially in such situations where you want to move certain post types to your other blogs. I have written the details steps for your query below;
- Must Check: How to Detect AdBlock users on WordPress
Import/Export WordPress Custom Post Types
Here are the steps which I am going to share with you to make you understand with importing/exporting WordPress custom post types. Now, without taking much time of yours I would request you to get towards the below steps to explore more about it;
- First of all, Login to your WordPress account from where you want to import the post type and find for Post Key Value. The Post Key Value will be the Post type which you want to import. You can find it from the address bar, refer the below screenshot to get the idea of it.
- After getting the Post Key Value and then go to the blog where you want to import it and then Install Custom Post Type UI plugin which will help you to create your custom post type.
- Now, you need to get the Taxonomy key by visiting the custom taxonomy in the admin area. It can be found from the address bar. Refer the below screenshot to get the idea of it.
- Afterwards, use Custom Post Type UI plugin to create the same taxonomy on the site where you have want to import the post type. For that Go to CPT UI from sidebar >> Fill the Form by providing the required details, don’t forget to select the post type>> Click on Add Taxonomy.
- This was it!